Are you a graduate student interested in visually projecting your research? Do you have interesting and memorable research photos you are willing to share? Then look no further as the CSSS is accepting submissions for the Canadian Journal of Soil Science (CJSS) graduate student photo contest. CJSS is a quarterly journal, and one photo will be selected for each issue.
Deadlines for submission are February 24, May 26, August 26, and November 26.
All submissions must meet the following specifications:
· Image should focus on some aspect of soil science to reflect CJSS content.
· Image size and resolution: at least 8.5″ x 11″ at 300 dpi or better.
· No collages; one single image only.
· Image in focus and not blurry.
· Image must not include people.
· No manipulation or heavy editing of image required.
· No cell phone photographs.
· Acceptable image formats are .jpg, .png, or .tif.
Students may submit more than one image per competetion.
All entries should be sent to:
M. Anne Naeth (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Erika H. Young (email@example.com).
The next deadline for submission is August 26, 2021.
The top submission will receive a $125 cash prize and the winning photograph will be featured on the cover of the Canadian Journal of Soil Science and on the CSSS website.