|Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, EUROSOIL 2020 ihas been postponed and will be rescheduled for the second half of 2021.|
A message from the EUROSOIL 2021 Organizing Committee
First and foremost, in these uncertain and troubled times, we would like to send our sincere good wishes to you, your families, and colleagues.
The Eurosoil 2020 organisers have been closely monitoring and analysing the evolving situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the worldwide impact of this pandemic. The Organising Committee has agreed on the importance of holding the Eurosoil congress in order to pursue the objective of Connecting People & Soil through a face-to-face meeting. The interest and engagement already created for the meeting is clear from the high number and quality of sessions and contributions submitted.
Given the current restrictions in place in Switzerland (latest updates here) around gatherings of large numbers of people as well as the uncertainty in the medium term as to the impact more broadly of the COVID-19 travel restrictions and guidelines, country lockdowns, physical distancing requirements etc., it has been decided to postpone the Eurosoil congress in Geneva, to the second half of 2021. The organisers are working as swiftly as possible to determine the new dates for the congress and as soon as this information is finalised, it will be communicated. We would like to share the information that is already confirmed:
– Registrations that have been made for the Eurosoil 2020 congress will be transferred to the Eurosoil 2021 congress
– A revised timeline for early bird registrations and late registrations will be published as soon as possible
– Notifications to submitters of contributions for sessions will be circulated mid-May 2020 as originally scheduled
– All accepted contributions to sessions will be maintained for the Eurosoil 2021 congress
– Contributors will have the opportunity to amend/update/edit their contribution in 2021. Details of the timeline for this process will be communicated once finalised
– The Session Programme will remain the same for the vast majority of the programme, some minor changes and updates will be made and announced in as timely a manner as possible
– The organisers are considering a “late breaking” call for contributions in 2021 – confirmation of this along with practical details will be communicated once finalised
We thank you for your attention – please keep updated by visiting the Eurosoil 2020 website regularly. We look forward to welcoming you in Geneva in 2021.