The Soil Education Committee of the Canadian Society of Soil Science (CSSS) was established in 2014 with the goal of enhancing soil science education in Canada at both the post-secondary and K-12 levels.
The Committee has four main objectives:
- Compile and disseminate information about the soil science courses and programs at Canadian postsecondary institutions,
- Enhance soil science education at the K-12 levels,
- Establish and maintain contacts with the international soil science community regrading new developments in soil science education, and
- Support informal education through communications and outreach with both specialists and the general public (including via social media).
Membership in the Soil Education Committee is open to any soil scientist, including undergraduate and graduate students. Our success depends on your initiatives and enthusiasm!
If you have interest in joining the Committee, please contact:
For more information about the activities of the Soil Education Committee, check out the following pages:
- Conference Education Sessions
- K-12 Soil Science Education
- Undergraduate Soil Science Education
- Soil Education Resources