The 2023 CSSS Annual Meeting, hosted by the Centre of Sustainable Soil Management will be held in Truro, on the Dalhousie University – Agricultural Campus in Truro. The theme of the conference this year is “Soils Go Digital.”
The organizing committee has evaluated abstracts for the following sessions:
- Renewable Energy in Canadian Agriculture Systems: Potentials, Impacts, Current and Future Prospects
- Roles of Cover Crops in Enhancing Soil Health and Nutrient Cycling
- Effect of Microplastics within Terrestrial Systems
- Mitigation of Soil Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Canadian Agriculture
- The Range of Soil Water Influence
- Hydrogeophysics to Support Precision Agriculture
- Advances in Digital Soil Data Management & Predictive Modelling
- Digital Soil Morphometrics
- Soil Health: Measurement and Management
- Soils in Rotationally Grazed Systems
- Soil Organic Matter Characterization, Cycling, and Stability
- Measuring and Modelling Soil Nitrogen Mineralization
In addition, there will be a Special Session, “Preparing the Next Generation of Pedologists”.
Details on Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations.
Please note that the sessions are subject to change because the organizing committee is still resolving the session schedules and student presentations will need to be prioritized for June 26-27th to accommodate student presentation competitions.
The Early Bird registration deadline is June 1, 2023. All presenters MUST register by June 25, 2023.
If there are any questions, please contact Drs. Brandon Heung (Brandon.Heung@dal.ca) or David Burton (DBurton@dal.ca).